Friday, March 12, 2010

Snowy Path Revisited


Snowy Path II (16 X 20")

This is a larger version of a painting I did in December of a snow-covered path along the west side of Rock Creek. The first painting was small and executed quickly. It sold almost immediately, before I had a chance to decide if it was really finished. I made a larger version of it in the hope that I could push the inviting, enveloping backlit effect more. I love the way this piece draws my eye into a dance with depthless blues, flaming golds, and smoldering auburn wood tones. Exploring this piece is a cleansing, awakening experience. When I have my doubts about oil painting and its value to humanity or the earth, I can look to this piece as one that affirms the connection between mind and nature, between the creative light within and the glorious lights of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment