Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Louisiana Petrolandscapes

The drilling rig and "Christmas trees" (i.e. oil well valve stations) in these paintings have been my companions for many hours during the past week. They embody for me the strong mix of emotions and associations most of us know well at this stage of the petroleum era.


King of the Bayou #1 (12 X 24"). Sold.




King of the Bayou #2 (12 X 24"). Sold.



Christmas Trees on the Bayou #1 (18 X 24"). Sold.


Christmas Trees on the Bayou #2 (18 X 48"). Sold.


Christmas Tree Looking Out (18 X 24"). Available through Octavia Gallery in New Orleans.


A pair of alligator friends who didn't take their eyes off of me during the three days I painted 35 feet from their nest. The larger one is the size of a German shepherd. His/her mate is a little smaller.

I plan to make more trips to Louisiana in the coming year and have signed on with the excellent Octavia Gallery on Magazine Street in New Orleans, where I will have a one-man show in March of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment